This is an original Bakelite 1950's Avo-8 that has been carefully upcycled into a great little Nixie Clock. It's the much older Avo with the characteristic curved dial that is instantly recognisable.
In order to fit the Nixie tubes in, a carefully curved circuit board was designed and then the original dial was recreated with the holes in the right place for the tubes. Everything behind the glass is new, the bakelite casing and controls on the front are all original to the instrument. No two of these Heritage Avo clocks will be the same, the casings all bear marks and labels they acquired throughout their life with each one being used as an invaluable measuring device back in their day.
This is the MK II version, and you can change the backlight colour in the settings ( defaults blue ) it now also displays the date and you have the option for an internal WiFi add on so the clock will retrieve the time from the internet and you can set the various clock parameters in your web browser. You can order the WiFi add-on in the drop-down menu.
- Hours and Minutes and Date display on four IN-12B nixie tubes with 16 mm digit height - tube life in excess of 20 years.
- Dedicated RTC chip, accurate to +/1 minute over a year.
- Simple time setting using two buttons. One for Hours, another for Minutes.
- 12 or 24 hour modes.
- Programmable backlight colour and effects.
- Standard, fading or crossfading with scrollback display modes.
- WiFi control and time setting from the internet available - see accessories section
- Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance.
- Made from an original 1950's piece of test equipment.
H: 19 cm x W: 17 cm x D: 10 cm