URGENT TIME CRITICAL ORDERS:
Our deliveries are operating normally, but if your order is time critical, a Birthday gift, for instance, please put a note in the 'Add A Note To Your Order' box in the Shopping Bag page of the checkout giving us the date it is required by, so we are aware there is a particular deadline.
If for any reason beyond our control, we are unable to supply a particular product, we will notify you as soon as possible and either offer you a similar product or issue you a refund.
DELIVERY TIMINGS AND COSTS:
Currently, we deliver within the UK mainland and islands, Europe, USA, Canada and Australia. Items over 1kg or bulky items will display their individual delivery costs at the checkout.
n response to COVID-19, all our carriers are taking precautionary measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of their drivers and our customers. Please be assured that all our carriers are following the advice and guidelines from the government and that the safety of everyone is our priority. We encourage our customers to use their home address for delivery, wherever possible. All our carriers will operate a contact-free delivery service which means that you won’t be required to sign for any parcel that’s delivered. We hope that you understand and appreciate the measures that we have implemented are to protect you and our carrier staff.
DELIVERY TIMINGS AND CHARGES:
*** WE NOW SHIP WORLDWIDE SINCE 20TH AUGUST 2021 ***
STANDARD DELIVERY SIGNED FOR 3-5 WORKING DAYS
It depends on the products weight and size, but most deliveries are now either two or three working days, unless it is a made to order item.
- Up to 1kg is £4.95. Heavier or bulky items display delivery charges at the checkout.
- Monday to Friday deliveries between 8.00 am and 7.00 pm, approximately, excluding Sundays's and public holidays.
- Orders are normally delivered within 3-5 working days, usually quicker, outlying areas may take longer.
ISLE OF MAN
STANDARD DELIVERY SIGNED FOR 5-7 WORKING DAYS
- Up to 1kg is £10.00. Heavier items display delivery charges at the checkout.
- Monday to Friday service delivered between 9 am and 5 pm excluding weekends and public holidays.
- Orders will usually arrive within 5-7 working days. Currently they may be slower as Covid-19 is impacting on our normal delivery times to the outlying islands.
- We do not deliver very heavy or bulky items, such as large glass mirrors and furniture to the Isle of Man and other outlying UK islands.
STANDARD DELIVERY SIGNED FOR 5-7 WORKING DAYS
- Up to 1kg is £20.00. Heavier items display delivery charges at the checkout.
- Monday to Friday service delivered between 8 am and 6 pm excluding weekends and public holidays.
- Orders will usually arrive within 5-7 working days. Currently slower at present as Brexit is impacting on our normal delivery times, outlying areas may take longer. Allow up to 14 working days for delivery to Greece and the Greek Islands.
NEW SERVICE >> WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
STANDARD DELIVERY INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR 5-15 WORKING DAYS
- Up to 1kg is £45.00. Heavier items display delivery charges at the checkout.
- Orders will arrive within 5-15 working days, outlying areas may take longer.
- We operate on a Delivered Duty Unpaid basis (DDU). This means that any outstanding import duties, clearance fees, brokerage fees or any other additional charges are the responsibility of our customer and have to be paid locally on delivery of your order. These charges are set by the customs authorities for the destination country and you may also need to provide additional information to clear your order. If in doubt, please contact your local customs authority for more information.
UK DELIVERIES - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Your UK mainland delivery should reach you within three to five working days, although generally it is much quicker. Some of our products are dispatched directly from our trusted third party manufacturers or suppliers and may take a longer to reach you although a lot of our suppliers use tracked next day delivery. If you need clarification, please contact us and we can advise you on expected delivery times. In any event, we will update you with the progress of your order and send you tracking when it is available.
Our couriers prefer a mobile number so they can notify you of your delivery time by text. Please note we will only use your number in connection with fulfilling your order.
Depending on the size, weight, and value of your order, it will either be sent via Royal Mail or with one of our courier services and they normally require a signature on delivery. (please see COVID-19 contact-free delivery service update above). Whenever possible, we will send you an email with the tracking information.
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERIES - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For overseas orders import duties and taxes may be applied when the delivery reaches its destination. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. We are not responsible for any tax, import duty or customs charges you may incur in your country or state so please check with your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
Customers wishing to purchase products from Unusual Designer Gifts Ltd for delivery into countries and states outside the UK should satisfy themselves that the products comply with the relevant regulations and legislation in the country to which the products are to be shipped.
Unusual Designer Gifts Ltd cannot be held responsible for any delays, any inconvenience, or for any non-delivery, that may arise if the products are held, whether temporarily or permanently, at point of entry into any other country or state outside the UK.
In the event you are asked to pay any tax, import duty or customs charges by the courier on delivery of the product and decline to do so, the item may be returned to us. Any local tax, import or customs charges and any return delivery charges for the product will be deducted from you refund. We will then itemise these amounts in an email.
Likewise, Unusual Designer Gifts Ltd cannot not be held liable for any additional costs, or losses, arising from any such delays or non-delivery, nor be held liable for any local import duties, taxes, or other incidental charges or fees, that may be imposed upon any products on entry into any country or state outside the UK.
We aim to dispatch all orders within one to two working days of the order being placed. Delivery times may be affected if there are stock availability issues or other unforeseen circumstances but we will notify you if this is the case and keep you updated.
DELIVERY NOTES AND COURIERS:
A Delivery Note detailing the products supplied by Unusual Designer Gifts Ltd will be stored in one of your delivered parcel/s, and this is your proof of delivery.
If our courier attempts delivery at the delivery address specified in the order, or as a fall-back attempts delivery with a neighbour but cannot deliver the products, the courier will retain the products and will leave a calling card with a Customer Services telephone number for you to call in order to arrange re-delivery. Please note that the courier company can only arrange a specific re-delivery date, and cannot arrange a specific re-delivery time.
The courier will only attempt to deliver the products on up to two separate days, after which a further delivery charge may become payable. The products will be returned to our Dispatch Depot if they have not been collected from the courier. For returned orders only the cost of the products ordered is refunded less the cost of returning the order.
AGE VERIFICATION FOR BLADED KNIFE PRODUCTS:
As you may be aware, certain provisions of the Offensive Weapons Act 2019 (OWA) have now come into force. One of the main outcomes of the OWA is to prohibit the online sale and then delivery of blades to people under 18 years of age. Unusual Designer Gifts Ltd is based in the UK and is governed by UK law
We only sell Flint and Flame chef kitchen knives for cooking and preparing food. Under UK law it is illegal to sell any knife to anyone under the age of 18.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, DO NOT BUY A CHEF KITCHEN KNIFE OR BLADED PRODUCT FROM US, even if it is as a gift for someone else. You maybe required to prove that you are 18 or over prior to the dispatch of the order.
We take age verification checks very seriously as we are governed by the Offensive Weapons Act 2019 which details how age verification checks must be conducted. It is a legal requirement that we see identification / proof of age with any purchase that contains an over 18 item, in particular, our range of Flint and Flame chef knives. This has to be shown prior to your order being dispatched. We will NOT dispatch any order without the required age verification checks being performed in advance.
What we require:
Acceptable forms of ID to prove that you are over 18 include:
- A photo of your driving licence.
- A passport.
- Birth certificate.
Once you have completed the age verification check you will not have to do it again for future orders.