Our vision is underpinned by a commitment to sustainability, economic and cultural well-being and environmental improvement.
We recognise that our activities have environmental and social impacts. It is our aim to minimise our negative impacts and to have a positive impact wherever we can.
To achieve this aim we will endeavour to:
- Continually improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions
- Protect the environment by preventing pollution and by minimising the use of natural resources and the production of waste.
- Promote the use of sustainable modes of transport.
- Continually improve sustainable purchasing practices.
- Promote sustainability awareness and practice amongst all staff.
- Comply fully with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and agreements.
- Engage with the wider community to share environmental best practice and to demonstrate environmental responsibility.
- Carry out our business practices in a way that is sensitive to our neighbours and interested parties.
Date of last approval: December 2020
Approved by: John Flowerdew / Sue Lester – Directors